Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Heart For Children

While "tweeting" today, I happened across a fellow Tweeter who wants to stop child abuse a desperately as I do. This is a wonderful, heart-wrenching, provocative site that calls to task those entities charged with protecting children. The site displays their incompetency and makes them accountable. I'm glad for sites like this, because our legal system will never hold them accountable for their failures, so we must. My Bethanie was murdered in Akron, OH, and my experience with Child Protective Services in Summit County was a nightmare of Gothic proportions. Not only did they fail to protect Bethanie's sister, they put her in the path of danger, even locking she and I in a room to try to make me comply with their misguided and irresponsible requests. I will come back and tell this story in another post, but for now, take a look at this site:

http://www.citizensprotectingabusedchildren.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!